Monday, March 21, 2011

Santee Alley

Make sure you don't wake up on the wrong side of the bed the day you decide to explore Santee Alley for shopping deals.  I cannot stress the amount of PATIENCE you will need to get through the crowd.  Let's put it this way- It's like Ikea, try not to go on a Sunday!  Go with friends.  In fact, go with NO expectations at all.  I found some interesting items that made me laugh...  there really is something for everyone.



Straight out of a Tyler Perry movie, I think so? 


Rodeo meets Hispanic Mobster.


If the Grinch Stole Christmas was shopping for his girlfriend...


It's shoe heaven.


Umm, like I said, there is something for everyone.


So here is the skinny on the alley:

1.  Ladies- Dress down, unless you like the uncomfortable whistles, shouts, and hollers.
2.  If you're going alone (you're brave), bring your i-pod and tune out the crowd, and wear big sunglasses. 
3.  Bring cash.
4.  You will notice a lot of the stores carry the same items, so don't be afraid to bargain.  
5.  The perfume stores are a must.  You can find half price designer smells.  
6.  Now, for the best part- the shoes!!!  They won't last a full season, but they're cheap and if paired with the right outfit, you will look like a million bucks. 
7.  Remember have fun and don't have expectations!

Get to the alley.  Not to be confused with the valley,
Carlyn

Here was my "LOVE IT" of the day.  This little frog came home with me and is now my Go-To Cocktail Ring.

I have a Prince Charming, so I don't have to kiss this Frog.

1 comment:

  1. i went to Santee Alley alone and thats the first time :D

    ReplyDelete